2023 Wisconsin Tournament Information
We are excited to announce that the 2023 National Golden Gloves will be an Olympic Trials Qualifier for all Olympic weight classes!
April 7-8, 2023 : Tournament dates
- Friday, April 7: Mandatory weigh-in and onsite registration: 7:00am
- $20 registration fee will be due at check-in
Saturday, April 8: Weigh-ins: 7:00am
- Friday and Saturday: 6:00pm
- NO boxing Sun- any additional bouts needed to determine team spots will be held the following Saturday, location/time TBD
(start times subject to change)
March 26, 2023 : Registration deadline : register online here starting January 8th
Wisconsin Golden Gloves will not be allowing boxers from out of state to compete in our tournament this year, but we will allow out-of-tournament matched bouts. Please still register here if you’d like to box in a matched bout.
Madison Marriott West
1313 John Q Hammons Drive
Middleton, WI 53562 (map)
- click here to book rooms at the Marriott for a group rate of $119/night (deadline for discounted rate is March 16)
- We will be offering Hotel Breakfast Buffet for competing boxers
COACHES should bring:
- Red USA Boxing coach’s passbook showing current coach registration
- passbook must be current with registration and Safe Sport
BOXERS should bring:
- *** USA Boxing passbook : you cannot box without USA Boxing passbook
- *** proof of current athlete physical (must be done within 12 months of competition start; tournament doctors will not be providing annual physicals at the event)
- *** boxers must register by March 26, 2023 (online or by mail)
- Proof of age (e.g. copy of birth certificate, passport)
- USA Boxing approved headgear
- Masters must use USA Boxing approved Master’s competition headgear; will be provided by Wisconsin Golden Gloves if you don’t have your own)
- All elite OPEN boxers must wear OPEN FACED (no cheek protectors) competition approved headgear
- Mouthguard : well fitted mouthguard
- Trunks with a contrasting color on waistband: must not be shorter than mid-thigh, or hang past the knee
- Appropriate footwear
- Boxing jersey
- (male) Groin protection; boxers do not need to be clean shaven but beard cannot extend past the boxer’s collarbones
- (female) Groin and breast protectors are optional
** NOTE - Masters Boxers
- Those boxing who are of the age 41 and older will be classified as a master’s boxer. Those participating who are ages 35 to 40 may choose to box as a master or may choose to box as senior/elite (or both) until you reach the age of 41.
- The master’s division will have a yellow passbook and have the master’s division identified on it in writing.
- Masters must get a yearly physical that is more in-depth than what is required for other boxers. Keep this in mind when scheduling your appointment so that you reserve enough time to get this done before competition!
- Masters will box three (3) rounds, between 1 and 2 minute each, with one (1) minute rest; 16 oz gloves and regulation Master’s competition headgear will be used.
- The age difference between competitors shall be no more than ten (10) years younger or ten (10) years older. Master boxers may not compete against boxers younger than 35 years of age.
For more information please see Appendix H of the USA Boxing Rulebook
- Female boxers must provide a Declaration of non-Pregnancy and Breast Implant release if necessary
- Boxers with braces must provide a signed Release to compete with braces
DIVISIONS: Junior-Youth 15-17 yo / Elite 18-40 yo / Masters 41+:
|0-3 bouts||4-9 bouts||10+ bouts|
Because this year’s national tournament will be an Olympic Trials Qualifier, all boxers declaring OPEN must have a minimum of 10 bouts.
Male and Female Open Elite champions from each weight class will advance to the National Golden Gloves tournament (May 7-13, Philadelphia PA)
Unopposed Male and Female Open Elite boxers will be eligible to advance with the National team at discretion of WI GG officials
WEIGHT CLASSES: Olympic weight classes are highlighted in RED
2023 National ‘Golden Gloves of America’ tournament:
Click here for information